The Aurora Framework provides:
- Flexible Web 2.0 mashup web application framework
- Simplifies deployment of existing PROIV applications into a mashup environment
- Combines multiple industry‐standard data sources into one desktop
- User‐defined components can be added to the desktop
- Integrated security and menu model
- Zero client installation, a pure browser‐based solution
- Customisable through Cascading Style Sheets
- HTTPS is enabled as standard
When you log into the Aurora Framework, you are presented with the Dashboard, the contents of which can be customised for each user
The Dashboard contains components, which are discrete elements of functionality. These components can be driven by a web data feed or data from your PROIV application.
They can be user-defined or one of the core components shipped with the framework. The screenshot above shows a mixture of standard components and user-defined components.
This Stock Check component is user-defined, and is pulling data from a PROIV application for a specific stock code.
Just think of the components you could write to present the data from your application!
The Aurora Framework enables you to configure and deploy multiple applications, which can all communicate with each other using web services and server side Java objects.
Many components have already been written. Click on the images below to see video examples.
You can navigate through your application using cascading menus. The option to import existing menu systems is provided, and it is also possible to interface to your existing application menu.
An expanding panel is available on the right side of the framework to display user-defined context sensitive help.
To deploy a PROIV application in the Aurora Framework, it must be running in the Open Client functionality introduced in PROIV V6.2. If your PROIV application is not running in Open Client, then please consider upgrading it to take advantage of this exciting new opportunity.